Welcome to Gothers.com - a FREE! Gothic social network & Gothic community site.

Site Improvements - Suggestions, Rants, Improvements, etc.

Okay, so the new layout etc. aren't working out so good for people. That's cool, but I want to hear what people want from the site (or don't want as the case may be). So if you have some feedback please let me know. I'm also thinking of rejigging parts of the site to make things smoother as well. Anyways, I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Cheers - Igor
Hay Igor,
Not sure if ye quite remember me but i have been a member since there was only 200 and something members on this site and i was at one point one of the sites top 10 blogers and since the site changed to this i have lost all of my poetry and i would like it back please if ye find the time hit me back let me know if it is completely lost and unrecoverable. I dont paticularly enjoy waiting anxiously in limbo. It would be greatly appreciated if you could recover it for me and if not just let me know mate.
Kalimadran
I am neither good nor evil I fight for what I believe is right I am who I am you can't change that all you can do is defend what you believe is right so fight or die trying but never give up and never give in and you will have earned my respect.
Hey Kalimadran,

I'll let you know via PM so check your messages in the Mail tab.

Hey Shards. Thanks for the input!

With the inactive members - difficult question. I'm working on getting some of those peeps back and will cajole them from time to time. If the site picks up overall I might start putting expirations on unused accounts, but at the moment I want to keep hitting them up to come back and try the chat.

Forums - an important part of the site. Chat's starting to heat up as the principal contact point, but I'm a forum-type person too. Will see if I can add a block for recent forum posts.

Back to the tunnels....

Any way to add "Spam" to the report panel? I mean, I've had several messages (now deleted) that were just junk and spam.

Nothing against anyone, but I'm not going to respond to someone with a scripted message that includes an email address. Especially if I don't know that person. 

Well I love the forums and the chat (IMHO not similar or comparable by any means, both very different things for different uses). The chat seems a bit laggy, and takes a little while to put in responses once I hit return (usually about 5 seconds, but for a chat it feels kinda slow ;p). Just let me know if this is just me, or if it is just a bug or what is going on. Thanks guys! I love this site!

__
Good Luck, Have fun,
Merrick
Would it be possible to restructure the message inbox/sent items so that messages appeared in threads? Either in the conventional email format where the reply appears at the top of the message your writing or in the Facebook format where it is more of comment thread set up. Or even some other form?
My problem is that you have to manually open each sent item to see what you were talking about, and open each received message to refer to past messages which is time consuming and frustrating. This might not seem like that much of a problem but I often refer back to comments dates or names in previous messages and with many Gothers coming online only sporadically the thread of the conversation is easy to lose.
That said I have no experience with coding so obviously I don't understand how complex such a rearrangement would be. Still keep me posted.

-TMITM-
-TMITM-
Two other things that have just occurred to me,

a) I have to refresh the home page to receive new notifications, not really a problem with the relatively slow pace of the site, but something to note.

b) Sometime when attempting to view a notification about a message I have commented on, the notification link will simply take me to the persons name and profile picture (nothing else) rather than the comment thread.
I think this might have to do with private profiles where the post appears on the home page, but it is impossible for non 'friends' to view it on the profile (fair enough) but if there was some compromise so that I didn't have to scour the expansive news feed attempting to find the reply to my comment on their post it would make life easier.

Either way keep up the good work Igor.
-TMITM-

I think some of the forums that aren't used much could be merged with eachother. Like the computers for example. Have one general for all of them instead of having four. Maybe. Anyways, is there a point to the activity points? I feel myself needing more and more of them so I'm just curious. Even if there isn't... I'll still probably want millions of them though.

Ummmm said...

I think some of the forums that aren't used much could be merged with eachother. Like the computers for example. Have one general for all of them instead of having four. Maybe. Anyways, is there a point to the activity points? I feel myself needing more and more of them so I'm just curious. Even if there isn't... I'll still probably want millions of them though.

hm yeah i was wondering about those points too...

I think more people need to be online more often... it's so... quiet..

and  like this.

hm yeah i was wondering about those points too...

I think more people need to be online more often... it's so... quiet..

Yeah, definitely need to start chaining people to their computers. On the bright side though, I have seen places with a lot less activity. And so far everyone here seems to know how to write a sentence I can understand which is a major plus.

Merging the fori sounds good. Might try this weekend, but got a major client presentation next week and a bevy of re-active things to do for work so I might forget. Feel free to message me if I forget!

likes this.

A mass delete button for all the '___ ate the brains of ___' messages. It's a fun game, but they clog up my profile wall.

Mask Head said...

How about changing the color scheme of the site?

to something like black and red. 

Yep, want to do that, but theming out this place is pretty complex. At the moment, I don't have the time to learn the ways this place is themed to provide a consistent design. I really want to do it - sometime when I can sit down for a few days and focus on the CSS. Apologies, but RED AND BLACK will definitely be the base I work from. Cheers.

Forum topics cut down a bit.